Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sock Finisher!

Ponies love to model socks! My Sockpaloooza socks are done and blocking, ready to ship out....May 2. They are going across the big water!

They are the color and pattern-style that my sockpal requested--she loves cables and green, and these have plenty of both. I really love them and would consider knitting some for myself....but not tomorrow. Need to let my fingers get a rest from this pattern, since I have knitted it twice now. After turning the heel I really had to make myself knit on this--like a job. I dragged it to Panera for KnitNite, to the park, everywhere. Knitted waiting in line at Walmart.

Specs:
KnitPicks Pallette in Green (its a true Kelly Green in real life)
Braided Cable pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks
Size 0 needles.

I broke about 4 bamboo needles while knitting this. I'm usually a loose knitter but the yarn is strong and I downsized to make a firm sock. I think that 0s are so small and thin that they just snap; it was not a defect. I tried Barbara's Addis at KnitNite and I am thinking about trying Addis and the Magic Loop method on my next sock. I know that they would not snap while I knitted with them.

8 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Emma said...

The socks look great. Your pal will love them!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Anne Margaret said...

Work it, Pony! The socks look so nice! Must be a realief to have them DONE (and, oh, look really good too).

Like the Addi Turbo Magic Loop sock idea. On my list for trying during the Summer of Socks. Wanna do a knit along together thing? Maybe we could compare notes on Tuesday nights.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I'm loving knitting via Magic Loop. I've never knitted w/ DPNs, though, so can't compare the two methods.

Lovin' the green cable socks - nice! So, do you use a cable needle, or do you do the magical cabling-without-a-cable-needle trick?

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger cauchy09 said...

Wow, broken dpns! You must have been really into the knitting. Congrats on a great looking pair of socks!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Great Socks Suzanne! Your pal will be thrilled!

Just a warning about addi's and magic loop -- there is no true #1 with addis, they have a 2.5mm but a US#1 is a 2.25mm. Since you're a loose knitter the addi's may be too big for you. Get yourself some metal DPN's. I use Aero's that I buy from Yarn Forward in Canada. These are made by Prym, the same makers of Inox and they are very nice to work with!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Those socks rock! Who wouldn't love to get those?
(((hugs)))

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger lesley said...

what a beautiful green! lucky pal!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Really lovely socks. It's obvious you worked hard on them...the care really shows. Congratulations, and nice job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home