Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More cowbell

Um....I did not know that this small bit of volunteering was going to get me exposed publicly!

When I left a comment saying that I am into V-necks so long ago I really did not know I was going to be asked to design one. (Well, design is a strong word. Knit one with the help of Ann Budd is the better description.) Now the collaborative mavens Ann & Kay have outed me with a public display of knitting and I am going to be making a v-neck version of the perfect handknit all by myself.

I am woefully underqualified, but I hope that the queen of all proofreaders (aka technical editor) will catch my errors and that it will turn out ok. I have been wanting to knit this for ages, so I'm excited to be in at the beginning.

Knitters, I need more cowbell!


The sock is for my Sockpaloooza pal, though it is BIG. She said that her foot circumference is 10 inches, which is big (fave spouse wears a 10.5 shoe and his foot is 9.5). I emailed her to make sure she measured right and have not yet heard back.

FSpouse tried the sock for me and its loose on him. I may have to rip. I'm using #3s on Gems Opal sportweight yarn, which is FABULOUS and says you can machine wash and dry it on the label. The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks and it is really fun. This is only my second cable project and it is going very quickly. The last socks I did on Os and it seemed to never end.

I'll let the sock marinate for awhile until I know what I want to do--rip or continue. I've got a v-neck to start!

6 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jing a ling!!!!!!!!

Hard to transcribe the cowbell I'm ringing so energetically! I want the v-neck for myself. V for victory! xox Kay

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Congrats on being the V-neck knitter! Now, don't fear the reaper -- more cowbell! :-)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger maryse said...

my foot is 9.5 inches around, so it's possible.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Lucky V-neck knitter!! You do great Suzanne!

Love the sock! My pal's foot measures 10 inches too, so she tells me, as do my own....seems there's a lot more fluffy footers than I imagined :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cowbell skit is my all-time favorite SNL skit. I cannot stop laughing when I see it.

Your V neck is going to be So Awesomely Awesome. Can't wait to see it. x0x0x0

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I love Gems Opal!! It is such a fun yarn.

I am sure your V neck will be fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home