Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Proof of knits


I was going through the pictures in the camera, looking at all the Vegas Pix, and came across two nuggets of Christmas knitting. Girlpants here is modeling one of the three Very Harlot Ponchos I made for the nieces--I made one for each kids birthday. This is leftover Lamb's Pride Superwash--two colors held together. One tiny one was made out of some GORGEOUS hand-dyed bulky from Holly Spring, and the original was made out of deep-sale yarn from MDS&W. They have gotten a lot of wear--they were each either pink or purple, a must for girl stuff.

WeeMan is modeling handwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I made 4 of these from bits of stash and some Cascade 220. They were a big hit with the kids--I even put some of them on strings for the little boys. Good times.

I am finishing up the ties on the wraparound pullover I am making from the Winter IK--the knitting of the rest is complete. I should be forcing myself to have a finishing party soon--sewing up is not always my fave thing. I'll drag the ties with me to Panera tonight; 50 inches of irregular ribbing is not engaging knitting, I'll need some good stories to get me through it.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Damn your kids are cute.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger emmy said...

Your Knits are great and the kids are too cute.

I tried to reply to your comment about our knitting group and wrote you a long email. It came back to me...it seemed it just went to blogger comments and didn't go to you.

Please tell your hopefully "interested party" that we meet on Wednesdays...5ish to 7ish. This week we are at Castaways in CH. Next week Panera!We'd love to have her join us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home