Sunday, January 22, 2006

Walk this way!

It is VERY clear that photos are not my specialty. Its a pictureless blog, which makes it much less interesting. Not that it was interesting before.

So a few views of Jaywalkers so you know I am NOT lying when I say I have made them--and am now making my second pair for me.

I made these over Xmas and during our trip to LasVegas. They are here modeled by FavoriteSpouse and the PartyAnimals. FS wears the socks a lot--can you see the odor rising gently from the wool? The kids are getting a good whiff.

Specs: Jaywalker by Grumperina
#1 needles
Spirit Trail Fibers superwash--2.5 skeins--they had a short skein and sold me that instead of 3 skeins at a reduced rate. Good times!
Began and finished December 2005
FS loves them though they are somewhat loose. I am a very loose knitter and maybe should have gone down one more needle size. No matter, he will wear them until they fall to pieces.

I love the way this pattern shows off the best of a varigated yarn. It is destined to be a classic, or at least the Clap of 2006. My two skeins of SocksThat Rock which I purchased at MDS&W are currently becoming Jaywalkers too. Fabby fabby!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words - and yours certainly fits the bill :-) Love the faces on the kiddos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home