Friday, September 30, 2005

Tied to the sink?


Well, at least I'm not barefoot!

My In-Laws are here from Ireland and my MIL is a sewing GENUIS! She would deny it but its true......so I have an ancient flour-sack apron that I inherited from somehwere that I use all the time. It does not tie around my neck like more current ones do--and I hate anything pulling on my neck. So I have worn my vintage apron for years but always wanted something with more style (and fewer holes.) So the always creative Brona showed me how to use the old apron as a pattern, and then modified it to make it EVEN BETTER and now I have this way cool apron/pinny/backless dress to keep me away from Mr. Washie and tied to the sink instead.

I watched very carefully and may be brave enough to make one of my own--IF this one ever gets destroyed. We got the fabric for $3 at the Jo-ann sale this past weekend. FABULOUS!

Thanks Brona! You are a genuis!

5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Fabulous apron! It looks a lot like mine (I have issues with things hanging off my neck too) Althoug mine has a back because of my 2 little "helpers" ;-)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I was thinking that would be a great apron to have. But then I realized, why? I don't cook! Hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home