Friday, August 26, 2005

Cheese!


Do you think it fits? This is the neckpiece from Loop-D-Loop in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky that I found ON SALE at Letttuce Knit. I made the scarf almost immediately (it took maybe 2 evenings at 3 st/inch!). I have wanted to make this for a long time, more than a year. And finally the time was right.

I did make a mistake: I picked up stitches on the wriong side for the second piece; one of the sides is stockinette and the other supposed to be reverse stockinette. I like it this way just fine--hey, now its a design feature!


And the green Patagonia Nature Cotton that I bought at the same sale? (Thanks Jenn for enabling--she bought another colorway of the same yarn and could not stop knitting with it either!) Its becoming a top-down cardigan for a friend's toddler. It will be a good jacket for him since they live in Savannah.

I was working on it at SnB this week and made a mistake--I thought you left a big hole for the sleeves, knitted around it, like you do in a sewn-together cardigan. But NO--you just leave a few on a holder and then cast on some ease on the next row. WHOA. So I ripped and reknitted that mistake last night and then started a sleeve. So fun and so fast--13st/4 inches for a 2 year old is a fast sweater! No tears on reknitting that one. Thing2 has tried it on and it is VERY cute. Hope its ok for a boy.

Thanks for all the input on the corset. In spite of the votes, I think am going to rip it all. BUT I'll let it marinate/compost for a week to give me some emotional space.

Next project--simple knitting. I think I'm going to make a top-down cardigan for me out of some Summer Tweed my dad brought me from the UK. I have the Ann Budd book home from the library; she has a bottom-up that would work for me. Plus there are some more buttonhole bags in my future.....funfunfun!

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Everything looks great! I really like the toddler sweater - I think it'll be perfect. We'll miss you at SnB! Keep posting so we can keep up with you :-)

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf from Loop-D-Loop was one of the patterns that really jumped out at me when I flipped through it the other day. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home