Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Baby bear

My cousin had a baby girl (hooray for Victoria Grace! I am going to try to sell the parents on a nickname, maybe Tory.) So of course I had to make her something.

I had already made a baby blanket out of Vanilla and Fuschia Cotton-Ease and a pair of tiny stripey socks from leftover sock yarn. And an Eyeore hat in purple, based on the bunny hat from Stitch and Bitch Nation (the mom is very into Eyeore and Pooh.) But I love making hats and I had some stash leftover from another baby hat.

Here we have Thing 2 posing with the hat. Its made out of Peter Pan Wendy (very very soft) from the Ann Norling Fruit Hat pattern (I use the basic formula to make most of my baby hats. I love working in the round.) I crocheted a flower from stash Cascade 220 for the edge and then ran two lengths of yarn through the stitches to give it a bit of a border. I love the way it looks--scabbed the idea from Erika Knight who used it in the Knitting for Two book I just checked out of the library. Joelle Hoverson uses it too in her hat pattern in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Anyone entering the fair with their knitting? Ann and Kay over at Mason Dixon Knitting are having a fair-along. Loads of people have already won! If I did do it I would enter the sweater I knitted for my grandmother


The problem is prying it off her body. She has not taken it off since I gave it to her. That's the great part about being 91--you wear wool every day, summer and winter.

Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Cute hat! And cute kids too! :-)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pry it off grannie and submit that puppy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home