Monday, August 08, 2005

Mom? MOM? Are you talking to yourself about yarn again?

















Have you ever found the kids/dogs/partner/plants staring at you, expecting you to say something, but you have no idea what was going on since you were thinking about handpainted merino?

Do you often find yourself planning your next project while you are driving to the grocery and find yourself in the LYS parking lot instead of Wally World?

Are the other residents of your abode completely mysified by your interest (obsession) with yarn, blogs and knitting?

Ok, so I thought it was just me. I always knew I was an alien.

I pride myself on being an independent woman but a girl has to have some knitting company. One night a week at SnB is not enough. I need a blog too! Instead of talking to myself I'll be talking to myself and the computer and knitting blogland. That's better, right?

I know, I know, everyone is doing it. And I can hear all the mommies now, if everyone else was putting their hand in the fire would you put your hand in that fire too?

No mom, of course not. Except to save that last existing hank of Mongolian Cashmere I needed for this...oh wait, it would just be all burned up anyway.

And I need a blog! Who else is going to listen to my thriling tales of turning cables, clap for my Clapotis and cheer when I triumph over the dreaded kitchener?

So please come and harass me. Leave me knitlike comments and make me feel like I am not knitting alone.

Picture above is a real FO--Thing 1 posing with the Pinwheel Baby Blanket I made for a baby boy who is due in November. The yarn is Rowan Denim/Elann Den-im-nit. PERFECT for a boy (all kids really) because you machine wash and dry it, it fades with age and use, just like jeans. So it gets better with love. The Elann yarn I bought for another project; the denim was leftover from Thing 1's star sweater. After I shortened it I had 2 spare balls!

I am trying to use up the stash. All those unused balls of yarn are really bothering me.

6 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH You Rock! Blog on bad-ass knitting woman!

-Monica

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Congrats on the Blog :-) (BTW I've actually heard that phrase coming out of my DD's mouth.)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

YAY! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more knitblogger welcome to you! Have fun with the winder & swift tonight ~

Maggi
http://maggi.typepad.com/maggistitches

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey freaky,random knitting person,
how are you today?
hows the cheese factory( sorry i mean knitting factory going?)
keep up the good knitiing
bye bye
p.s you should start a knitting club! I'd join!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey crazy kniting lady
its us again!!!
have you set up ur knitting club yet? We wanna join!!!!!
Please will you make me a sweater?with sheep on please?!?!
if you do please send it to...
Ms and Ms Ms
108 telford close
Telford Town
Telford
West Telford County
T31 F0RD
Telford land

Thanx for now and pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee make it for me!!
toodle pip darling!
xxxxxxxxx
Ms & Ms Ms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home