Monday, August 15, 2005

Are you ready to SOCK THIS WAY!


















My Sockapalooza socks are done!

Details:

1. Holly Spring Homespun Superwash Merino in Autumn Scape, which I knitted at 6 stitches/inch. This yarn is very soft and a very high quality. I made my Claptotis out of this in a different colorway. I was very worried that I would not have enough yarn but I have a small wad left.

2. The pattern is a combination of two patterns. I used the basic sock pattern always use from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I mixed that with the Cable Rib Socks in IK 2005. They have 3/1 rib and a cable on either side, but the gauge was 8 st/inch which would never work with my yarn.

3. I love the colors (and I hope my sockpal does too) but the lovely varigation really obscures the cable work. Still, I wanted to give her something besides a basic ribbed sock. So at least I know the cables are there. Plus, cables are fun!

4. I have loved all the yarn/projects I have made with Holly Spring Homespun yarn. I will most likely make another pair of socks from this yarn--its fabulous. My BIL loved them and wanted a pair.

The ship-off date is September 15 and I have some stitch markers and a postcard to tuck into the package, maybe something else cute if I can think of it. I wonder what kind of socks I will get?I love surprises!

11 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I made my sockapal2za socks with the Holly Spring Yarn too...Queen Elizabeth colorway. Don't you just love her stuff?
I'm dieing to try her new laceweight.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Great socks!!!!!!

I'm almost done with my sock pattern - I should have it to you by email Wednesday, if not sooner. Just in time!!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hi Suzanne - LOVE your socks!!!! I haven't been to Holly Spring yet - I see I must get out there soon.

I don't know when I'll be able to make another Tues. SnB - but feel free to join us on Wednesday night anytime you can!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger alison said...

Oooh, very pretty! I'll have to keep my eye open for that Holly Spring yarn. Thanks for the recommendation!

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Carola said...

These socks are great! I love the vivid colour (I really have to check out the yarn you are talking about) and the idea to have the little cables as an extra to a otherwise rather plain sock. I would love them and your sock pal surely will, too.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Christine said...

They are so pretty!!! I think I may just have to keep an eye out for some Holly Spring Yarn!!! Good Job!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Autumnal colorway. I too will have to keep a lookout for that yarn. And, a beautiful picture -- nicely done.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are great! I'm totally smitten with the color and the cables.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

These are Really. Beautiful. Socks. Nicely done. Your sock pal will be very happy, I'm sure.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, fall colors. A reminder that there are some good things about the days getting shorter... including warm socks!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Carola said...

No new posting? ;-) I was waiting a little while, since this doesn't fit to your socks. However, thanks for your nice comment over at my place.
I was watching 'Lost' last night again, and now I know what you mean. Sooo scary! Thanks for your shameless DVD recommendation. I will be on look-out for this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home