Thursday, September 01, 2005

Cindy Crawford and Kate Moss appearing here!

Well, they are the supermodels of my backyard at least. We had friends over to play today (always a party) and the girls modeled some of the Xmas presents I hve been making. Five buttonhole bags now, which means I could be finished, but they are so addictive to make and so cute I may have to think of an excuse to make a few more.

All of them used a mix of new and stash yarn; the project was designed to use up stash and odd ends of wool that I have. Mixing up the bits and odds and ends was really fun!

For each girl who gets a buttonhole bag I am also making a small item to go inside. Some will have scarves, some hats, maybe some mittens or fingerless gloves.


Thing2 here modeling one of the scarves I have made (all contents and shape to be determined
by stash leftovers). This one is Soft Touch Wendy from a baby hat held together with some now-legendary Cotton-Ease. Its slightly soft and super fuzzy, perfect for any girly-girl under 10. I crocheted the flower on the edge too (more Cotton Ease) and slapped an odd button on it. Viola!

Any ideas for the 12 year old brother? A really punk hat and fingerless gloves with a skull? Though even I might not appreciate that if it was given to my kid.......

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Really cute pictures :-) I need to get started on my christmas crafts (just as soon as I figure out what that is)

Anyway here's a suggestion for you, have you seen Marnie's new pattern on Magknits ( http://www.magknits.com/Aug05/cof.htm )? IMO it would make a great gift for a 12YO (boy or girl)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Looks great girlfriend. See you Tuesday!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How was the first week of school??

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there secret sock pal!! I am so surprised and pleased you started blogging! You didn't have a blog when Sockapalooza 2 started but I looked for your name on the list and here you are...WOOT!!

I had lots of fun knitting your secret socks, I hope you love them too!! :)

Gonna reveal the secret soon, can't wait!

You socks are lovely, your pal will be thrilled!

Welcome to blogland!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home