Monday, November 21, 2005

Jumper, finally

I have had a real problem with photos loading onto Blogger, but I resolved the problem by getting a Flickr account, which is working very well. This is GirlPants wearing her new denim jumper at her brother's birthday party this weekend.

We had BoyWonder's birthday party last weekend, and the weather was fantastic, so all 20 kids played outside. I made a multitude of paper airplanes (well, maybe 35) and they got a big frisbee from the cousins and just tore it up in the backyard.

I made a snake birthday cake with chartruse icing and loads of M&Ms on it.....sounds very fancy but it had a face only a kid could love. Tasted good though--I hate supermaket cakes, they are so fake tasting, so dry and flat. Plus, it was bright green--what kid would not like a green cake!

Holiday knitting is going ok, I have maybe ten (GASP!) items to complete. I had gotten some bigger items done in the summer--like the buttonhole bags--and now have to finish filling the bags. I have 3 more scarf/hats to go for that. Then I am going to make some tiny Harry Potter sweaters for my sister's family to hang on their Xmas tree, each with their own initial embroidered on it. A scarf is in progress for my uncle, his hat finished and blocking now, and maybe some fingerless gloves for a nephew, that should be tough enough for a teenager, right?

I've joined Alison's Knitalong for gifts, hoping it will help keep me focused. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Suzanne,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting yourself on my Frappr map -- way cool!

I think I'll be able to make it to SnB at least once, and perhaps more often, in December -- I think I'll have a break from work at that point so the trek out to far west end won't be so tough for this southside girl. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Thanks for the review of Harry Potter :-) Princess saw it last night with her grandma and loved it! Her reveiw is "a little scary in parts but I loved it. When can I see it again?"

I took you suggestion of going over the major plot points with her. Grandma said it really helped her for the parts with "he who can not be named".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home