Monday, November 14, 2005

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I got to see a free preview of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire this weekend! 10 am on Saturday; my sister and I went and favorite spouse babysat all six kids for us! Six under seven is a lot of action for any house....

The movie was absolutely impresive. For me, this movie had much greater scope and emotional power than the other three. Those times I loved watching all the books come to life, but this one had a heart of its own. It focused on the whole world and not just on Harry, so there was more "cast" and everyone really got to show their stuff, the characters were fully realized. Brendan Gleeson (The General!) was really great as Mad-Eye Moody, and played the scary but warm character very very well. The twins had a chance to be funny this time--love it!

In Goblet of Fire there was more knitwear than ever before--another letter sweater with a cut-out-and-sewn R, more vintage looking stuff that the Weasleys wear. Everyone had their school scarves on--they look the same as the first movie's scarves to me, maybe wider and longer. The costumers must have the cult of knitbloggers in mind.......

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

First off - :-r I so want to see that movie.

Now that I have that out of the way, can you tell me if it is OK for an 8 YO (who has seen all the other movies and read the book)? Princess's b-day is the 18th and I was thinking of taking her to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home