Friday, February 24, 2006

Unofficial Olympics

The Jaywalkers for me are done and I LOVE them. This is Socks That Rock in Hardrock that I have been saving for the right pattern since MDS&W. This is some truly lovely yarn. I thought I was going to have some trouble with pooling, but once the socks got big enough the randomness showed through. With variegation, I like random.

I have only taken them off to sleep since I made them. They skipped the blocking board completely! Has anyone seen the Socks That Rock Club yet? You can get a years subscription of STR now. Its very very tempting.....

I had a good bit left of the yarn (and these are standard length sox, 7 inch leg) and my watchband broke, so Boogie Time it was. I did most of the knitting in the Drs office (we are all cranked up on Tamiflu now, since Boywonder was struck down with the flu this weekend.) Superfast knit and very very comfortable. I made the 6 year old size--I figured it was stretchy enough to run small. And I wear my watches on my arm, not my wrist.

Almost done! says the princess. I have been working on this supercute denim jacket for my nephew's 1st birthday since a few days before the Olympics. I am past the armhole on the right front and may finish tonight. I have not been knitting so much since we have been sick; too tired to stay up. Baby knits are so fast!

I am taking a color class this weekend at The Yarn Lounge. Its just a few-hour seminar about color theory and who looks good in what colors. That is one of those intangible things I have a very hard time grasping, so I hope that this will help. AND the BoyWonder and I are going to see the kids' version of The Magic Flute, my favorite opera. I hope there is lots of music in it--its an opera, so the music is the best part!

10 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger maryse said...

ooh i like boogie time

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Love the new socks and the watch band! What a cool *set* :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Rocking! Love the socks! I'm also quite tempted by the socks that rock club!!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bravo!

STR Club...mmmmmmmm...

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Your socks DEFINITELY rock -- kudos!

I've been thinkin' about knitting the Boogie band myself -- thinking it might be cool with a gold metallic yarn, perhaps. Yours looks great, and so cool that it matches your socks!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the color class? And I forgot to say that the watchband rocks! I may have to copy you if I have Jaywalker leftovers . . .

~maggi

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne, your socks are divine. Makes a non-sock knitter like me wish I could get it together to make one. The colors of yours are beautiful!

In other knitting news, I'd be emailing you but I can't find your address! I have a question for you re the Perfect Sweater project--if you're still game to crank out a V neck version from the basic pattern, email me at annATmasondixonknittingDOTcom.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

PLAYMOBIL???? I thought I was the only person on the planet that liked both Playmobil and knitting. And now I see you`ve got some if not all of the Fairytale Castle over there.

And I made Jaywalkers for my Olympic project....and I came across to investigate the V-neck Perfect Sweater...lol.

The world is a small place...

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks and the watch band are AWESOME. now I really want to make that watchband...

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks and the watchband are FABULOUS! You're getting me inspired to cast on for some Jaywalkers soon.
Out of curiosity, I was just looking at my son's best friend's Playmobil Princess the other day and how her dress was constructed. We don't have much of the super-girly stuff.
Oh, a color class sounds like it would be such fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home