Monday, August 21, 2006

Another month gone

My blogging gets worse and worse! So many developments at ChezObsess, none bad.

My time has been suddenly very crowded! Must concentrate and feel the force!


1. I got a job! At a library! I owe Mira big for this one; she told me about it. The position part time (I do go to school as well) and has been really fun so far. Its such a happy thing to COMPLETE something during the day. With little kids, or even knitting, you don't often complete things each day. At work, I do loads of stuff.

2. The semester ended--meaning, I had a final project--I had a friend visit from outta town, and I had to go away for a working weekend for my mom, and it was my second week on the job. After working 60+ on the project, visiting, working at the library then slaving at the mom thing, I was WIPED OUT.

3. Babysitting. I've been sitting for my sis who has been working on her old house (now rented) to sell. I hear its looking good. But with my two and her 4--plus some assorted individuals from the neighborhood--its been busy around here. I did find that three boxes of mac-n-cheese and a medium watermelon are just enough to feed eight kids. Just enough.


4. Ireland! We are leaving for our annual trip to Ireland today to visit Mr. Funny's lovely family. We will be traveling all over, since his clan is becoming more and more spread out. The southeast, the west, the north, Dublin too. AND Mr. Funny and I are visiting friends in Liverpool for a weekend, no kids. The kids are excited about I-land toast (they ate an entire loaf in one sitting last visit) and I am thrilled to see everyone again. We will be well taken care of!

Ireland in August is going to feel very cold--or a welcome relief. Highs in the low 60s during the day, 50s at night. I am taking my Clap. In VA, its 90s most days. A 30 degree drop is very significant.

I am taking my Kiri shawl to work on, two pairs of sox, and the pullover for Mr. Funny. I should stay very busy. Kiri and one pair of sox are going on the plane with me. I live in fear of the needles being confiscated by security....all that knitting time, GONE!

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wondering what you've been up to! So busy, so much. Have a great trip to the Emerald Isle. Good luck with security.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woo! Ireland! I love me some pond leaps; wish I made more of them.

The liberry folk--especially Christine--really like you! You've made me look good!

Have a great great great stay!!!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Take me with you??!! ;-) Or else bring back someone for me with a deep Irish brogue???

Bring your Denise needles on the plane -- and put the clips on the ends of the cord that holds your knitting and put the Denise tips in your purse with your pens/pencils. Then reattach once airborne. My friend who flies in and out of Toronto every week says that leaving the U.S. with needles in your carry-on is a lot easier than entering the U.S. from other countries with your needles. Good luck with all of that, and please report back on how it went! :-)

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am probably too late for this comment, but you could always put the work on scrap yarn. That way, if they take the needles, the work remains intact!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home