Monday, July 17, 2006

Knit and life and stuff

Knitting is clicking along as it should, in spite of the WildThings and all of their screaming at each other. I've been dragging the yarn to the pool and knitting a few while the crew splash. And dragging it to swimming lessons, and all the other exciting places I get to go.

Brace yourself now, recitation of mental WIP list coming up....

1. The Noni bag is felted and drying, as is one of the flowers. I am still thinking about making a contrasting color flower (not pink) for it. The pattern had two pink ones but I think it needs a different color. I want to enter this one in the fair--its simple and good.

2. The short row sock is stalled; waiting at the heel. I knitted on it at Busch Gardens while waiting in line and Mr. Funny (aka Favespouse) watched everyone look LONGINGLY at the sock, all of them wishing they had something interesting to do while waiting. Many people asked about it and even admired it (kids especially, since its pink with sparkles). Mr. Funny was very surprised--he had no idea the feedback would be so positive.

I knew--and told him so!

3. I made 3 lemon/fruit hats for the breastfeeding program that The Harlot mentioned on her blog. Those go out tomorrow. Fun hats for a good cause!

4. I sent a big box of yarn to a woman who makes things for a women's shelter that Mary had mentioned on her blog. What a relief to pass on some love!

5. I have a package ready to go to The Heathen Housewife--she is making a mitered square blanket from sock yarn ends and bits--she wants your leftover yarn! I am just waiting on her physical address.

6. New project! Ballet Camisole from MagKnits, our yarn group's FAVORITE online knitting magazine! I am doing it in Frog Tree Pima/Silk that I had originally used for Annie Modesitt's Silk Corset, but had ripped b/c the size/gauge was all wrong, after I was more than 2/3 of the way through it. Bad times. I just do not feel like I will ever complete the project now, so I picked a new pattern for the yarn. Up to the waist shaping now; good mindless in-the-round stockinette so that I can.....

7. Watch Dr. Who!!!! over and over and over (in that wonderfully obsessive I mean analytical way that I have). I wept during the last show of season one (yes, wept, it was so perfectly beautiful and really summed up the entire season.) And now through the power of TIVO I have been rewatching the season. AND I have been brainwashing the children--the kids now are watching with me. I need the next generation to go with me to see all the good SF/Fantasy stuff' Mr. Funny is not a fan. Even Girlpants asks "Can we watch Dr. Who? PLEASE?" When your three year old knows about the Doctor something is either very right....or very wrong.

I know I have not seen the next series, but I cannot imagine any actor coming close to the multilayered performance of Christopher Eccleston. His Doctor shows tenderness, anger, loneliness, love and great pain in nearly every episode. They say that the first Doctor you see is your Doctor for life (I researched it. I try to conceal my obsessive nature but its always there.) The ninth doctor is definitely my Doctor. I've been watching Mr. Eccleston for years--since he blew my mind in Cracker in the early 90s. Hopefully for us, he will continue to pick amazing roles, and that we can get them here (and not have to ALWAYS rely on amazon.co.uk).

Now that you have suffered through that, vacation pictures.

Boys crazy in the pool (yes, mine is the crazier one)
Girlpants with her fave companion and cousin.
Finger crocheting with bathing suit! what could be better?Off to jump in my Tardis!


4 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How smart to take the knitting to Busch Gardens. I love that ballet camisole you're working on. I must make one - starting today. I hope I can find that red cotton-ease. I put away... And I'll need a size 4 cicr... You are an enabler...

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Such cute kid pics! And I enjoyed reading your list - very interesting. Can't wait to see your finished State Fair bag! And I may have to check out this Dr. Who fella....

And thanks a million, once again, for your generosity in sending that yarn to Syd. She will be so appreciative, I know.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

I'm so sorry for the Dr. Who thing. Well, actually no I'm not ;-) I just hope the new one has "the scarf".

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it not boiling hot at BG? I can't make myself knit if my fingers are sweating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home